cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband disconnect issue

neilrmason
On our wavelength

Hi

Over the past few weeks I have noticed at certain times in the day my broadband drops and becomes very unresponsive. For the last few days this has been around 12 o'clock.

I have performed a factory reset, which appeared to help a bit, but upon reading the forum it would appear my issues might be worth further investigation. I Have run a Broadband Quality monitor for today which supports the issues I have experienced. I would say that I was not at home today when it happened.

I will try to post the hub connection data as wellVirginMediaLog.jpg

Thanks for any thoughts guidance next steps in advance

Neil

64 REPLIES 64

Thanks for the update neilrmason, from looking at the connection there are definitely some issues with the downstream power levels that will require a technician.

To arrange this I need some more details form you so will send you a Private Message to confirm some details and get this booked in for you.

Rob

Apologies for the delays neilmason, I have booked in an appointment for a technician to come and take at look at the power levels, you can view the appointment here please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time please let me know.

Please let me know if there and individuals shielding in the property and ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present.

Thanks

Rob

Thanks Rob,

that is great, thanks so much for sorting this out. There is no one shielding in the property abs I will be there

I know it is a hit cheeky but if the technician could be persuaded to arrive before 12:37 they might be able to witness the daily drop outs!

thanks

Neil

Hi neilrmason

Can I please ask how things are since the visit 

Gareth_L

hi Gareth

thanks for the follow up. The primary visit was for power levels so an attenuator was installed.

No really change in service, so good most of the time except for 12:37 and 12:48 with the regular daily drop outs remaining.

I even tried completing isolating the Router from the rest of my home network today, but no difference, so this points to something going on upstream

Neil

Hi Neil, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

The drop outs are a puzzle it seems. I've had a look at the upstream data and all is looking fine. Both power and signal levels are well within range for the Hub and the overall area cable you're on is looking good too. 

It may be posted a few posts back but do you have the URL to a live graph so we can monitor the drop outs for a day or two? This way we can take the information to an Area field manager to take a look at. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

neilrmason
On our wavelength

Thanks Kath,

let’s see if this works

Broadband quality monitor 

I have been working with two Engineers on this now, very greedy I know, sorry. Tommy my first visit and then afraid who came to sort out the power levels. They have been discussing options and other things to try. I have a third engineer (Ben?) coming on Wednesday who is sharp on matters like this. The hope is that he will be at the house at the time the drop outs happen which might hopefully help analyse the problem in real time when it happens 

please let me know if the link works and if not will try again

thanks again

Neil

I hate autocorrect!

it changed Craig to afraid in the first sentence. Grrrrrr

And some rather strange performance this evening, not so good for watching Wales v NZ on Amazon Prime!

neilrmason_0-1635633235782.png

and still 12:37 and 12:48 still very much in the frame. Everything else looks perfect!

Neil

Hooray, 11:37 and 11:48 today, maybe something to do with the clock change…

got a text from virgin today

Hi, it's Virgin Media. The big day's coming! We'll be connecting you on Wed 03 Nov at number xx, xxxxxxx 1pm-6pm.

Reply KEEP to confirm or CHANGE to reschedule.”

which I assume relates to the engineer visit planned, but it does not make sense since (1) as far as I’m concerned I am already connected and (2) a visit coming after the known outage time doesn’t appear to make any sense at all