cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband cuts out for split second every 10 minutes.

James20211
Tuning in

Internet keeps cutting out for around 10 to 20 seconds every day continously.

Link for think broadband. Had it on for 2 days plus I have called virgin and got told its all fine my broadbands perfect no matter how many times i told them it is not and it keeps cutting out.  done all other things I have read online to try fix it including the broadband monitor but I don't completely understand it to be honest so this is why I'm posting this question.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9d3ded06f786d8175da82dcbf449d7da45a99e09

I had an engineer sent out but i cancelled as it stopped for 24 hours and then it started again. Can someone just send and engineer out please. Worst broadband I've ever had is there anyway I can leave because the service is so poor?

5 REPLIES 5

lotharmat
Community elder
Can you post your Hub status and logs?
Someone should be spot if there is a problem
Navigate to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode)
Don't log in!
Click on 'router status'
Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs. The forum software will remove the MAC addresses for you (you may need to click the 'post' button again).

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
There is no evidence of network disconnections in the BQM. So, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

James20211
Tuning in

Bought nighthawk router which fixed my problem of disconnecting momentarily from both wired and wireless device's. 2x virgin engineers came round and both could not fix it. But the second engineer told me straight away that the virgin routers are cheap and nasty which he thinks is the problem and it was. Never had to buy a router before but its well worth it.

They looked at better routers but people were unwilling to pay the extra!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @James20211.

Thank you for updating us on what has happened.

I am sorry that the engineers where unable to fix your issues with your broadband.

I can see you mentioned buying your own router, I hope this is going well for you.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide