Menu
Chris63
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband constantly disconnecting

My broadband connection used to be very good but recently has got very bad and disconnects frequently.  It has now got to the point that it is virtually unusable as if I watch a Youtube video there is a 50 50 chance that I will lose the connection before the video is finished.  I have tried both wifi and wired connection and the result is the same.  I have tried switching off the hub and also resetting it but nothing works.  My tv service is fine, all connections are tight.  when running tests it comes back as no problems but shortly after it goes again.  If this continues I will be switching back to BT as this is unfit for purpose.

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband constantly disconnecting

Hi Chris63

Welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some problems with your connection dropping out recently. 

Everything looks healthy when checking your hub/network segment from this end which is great. Are you still experiencing these problems?

If so, are you connected wired or wireless? If it's only happening over the wireless connection can you try changing the wireless channel to see if this improves things. 

Speak soon,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
DHyden
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, am having same problem. It seems the sh3.0 is simply not up to the job.... https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/02/quick-update-virgin-media-hub-3-router-latency-fix.htm...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DHyden
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Ty_S wrote:

Hi Chris63

Welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some problems with your connection dropping out recently. 

Everything looks healthy when checking your hub/network segment from this end which is great. Are you still experiencing these problems?

If so, are you connected wired or wireless? If it's only happening over the wireless connection can you try changing the wireless channel to see if this improves things. 

Speak soon,

Ty

The original post clearly said the issue was occurring both over wired & wireless connections!

0 Kudos
Chris63
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay in responding but I had to leave for work.  Since getting back home I have tried watching Youtube videos and Mixer streams to see how it is now working and it seems to be working fine at the moment  I will get back if I have any more problems, 

Just to confirm the problem I was having was the same for wired and wifi so I was losing the connection to the internet and not just wifi

Thanks for responding.

0 Kudos
mwkenna
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Been having the same issue. Every I time I call I get the same message. "We are sending some signals which will reset the connection".

Also Virgin, I'd love to know how changing the wireless channel has an impact on a wired connectivity...

BTW. I am a network engineer so you can't BS me.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No two issues are really identical - post up some details about the equipment you are using and what the issues are on wireless and wired connections and let's see if people can help.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos