cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection

Maconnor
Joining in

I keep loosing broadband connection, I am constantly turning it off and back on again it then resets for a while then 10 minutes later gone off again. Trying to work from home like this is a nightmare must of done it 20 times yesterday and already done it twice bother 8am today. Is there a number I can contact virgin? I can’t find any contact details for faults. It is a never ending merry go round and my frustration is at boiling point. Appreciate any help to resolve this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Maconnor 

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

seunje
Dialled in

@Maconnor wrote:

I keep loosing broadband connection, I am constantly turning it off and back on again it then resets for a while then 10 minutes later gone off again. Trying to work from home like this is a nightmare must of done it 20 times yesterday and already done it twice bother 8am today. Is there a number I can contact virgin? I can’t find any contact details for faults. It is a never ending merry go round and my frustration is at boiling point. Appreciate any help to resolve this.

You can call 0345 454 1111 to find out or use WhatsApp support chat they provide.

I have problems with VM broadband very similar as yours and they have not fixed it for several weeks now, see my post: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Intermittent-outages-for-weeks/td-p/5107659

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Maconnor 

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Maconnor
Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your broadband connection, I have looked into this on our system and cannot see any further issues.

Are you still having issues at the moment?

Regards,

Steven_L