cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection

Katie32
Joining in

Hi there I need some help please. My WiFi is rubbish, we have a 3 bed house but the WiFi doesn't pick up upstairs so we have had to pay £5 a month extra for a booster thing. It still doesn't work properly. I can't even watch the virgin gp app in my room because it says slow connection or it doesn't pick up I'm in the same house as the tv box and router. (My bedroom is above the location of these boxes) how do I get this resolved please I email or call and no one gets back to me. 

12 REPLIES 12

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You could remove the VM booster thingy from your account - send it back and put the £5/month towards solving the issue with better equipemnt.

You would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2,3).

£30-100 (that’s ~6->20 months of Pod rental) should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

We never had this issue with sky and I presumed being M350 fibre broadband that we shouldn't have issues because we had basic sky broadband previously that worked fine. My house is only small yet we're having all these issues ever since we had it fitted afew months ago. Surely if we're not getting the full service we're paying for the company should sort the issue instead of us paying to have it resolved 🤔

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
This is the VM Solution for wifi issues

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I already have that WiFi pod upstairs it does nothing 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You already have the Max Pod? If it doesn't work you get £100 credit - according to the website above - have you claimed it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi there @Katie32

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your WiFi and thank you to the community members who have helped out so far. 

Can I ask if you have any wired connections that are effected at all or is this strictly a WiFi issue? 

Thank you. 

Just WiFi issues.

Thank you for letting us know it's regarding the wireless network, there are numerous we have these tips available to help with broadband issues:

When running a speed test we would always recommend running this via a wired connection This can be completed using an ethernet cable via a PC or laptop and will allow us to see the speeds available at the Hub.

We do have the Connect App https://virg.in/connectapp that will allow you to scan your property to optimise the wireless network and if needed order pod's. Depending on your package these may be free but any package is eligible for these if needed.

Rob

Tried all the links you've sent, the speed tests on the ps5 downstairs and firestick downstairs are fine. It's like now everyone is in bed there's only me trying to use the WiFi and I still can't assess the Virgin go soo because it says I have slow WiFi and I'm not on the correct network to access the Virgin box but I'm literally in the room above the box and the booster is on right outside my room. It's utter rubbish