cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection keeps dropping during heatwave

SkullPassmore
Tuning in

Hi, 

Every time we have a heatwave our internet connection becomes really spotty. It just keeps coming and going. We've tried to arrange an engineer visit but they turned up waaaay too early (about an hour too early and I was at work) and just left a card telling me to rearrange an appointment... Not the best service to be honest. But I'm confused as to why the connection keeps dropping in the heat. The router has good airflow. It claims to be running at normal temperature so I doubt it's overheating. Is there anything else it could possibly be?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Others will shortly be along to instruct on pulling the config & log files from your SH, but in the interim.. do you have a BQM running? If so, can you post a link to the live graph?

If not, I recommend setting one up - free, takes 5-10minutes to setup, and monitors your connection 24/7 gathering excellent evidence of any underlying issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I don't even know what a BQM is let alone have one running... What does it do?

CLick on the link in Japitts post - that'll explain what a BQM is

Can you post your Hub status and logs?
Someone should be spot if there is a problem
Navigate to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode)
Don't log in!
Click on 'router status'
Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs. The forum software will remove the MAC addresses for you (you may need to click the 'post' button again).

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi SkullPassmore,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the broadband issue you're having. 

I have been unable to locate your account through your profile. 

I would like to assist you further with this and so what I will do is private message you to get some details. 

^Martin