cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection dropping

h5pdk
On our wavelength

I have been having connection issues with my broadband now for sometime. This is also affecting both my 360 TV boxes so I'm am unable to watch recordings or catch up TV etc. 

The broadband will work fine and then suddenly go off by its own accord, sometimes freezing and then sometimes losing connection altogether. When this happens if I disconnect my device I am using from the Internet it comes back on for a short time then the connection fails again. 

I have tried rebooting the router but this does not seem to have helped with the issue. The connection is being lost on both wired PC's and wireless devices in the home. All the wiring is fine and the connections on all cables are secure and  tight.

I would appreciate it if a Virginmedia moderator could get in touch with me as things have got that bad I'm having to use my phones 4g connection. 

59 REPLIES 59

h5pdk
On our wavelength

Thanks 

Hi h5pdk,

I am sorry again for the delay in getting back to you.

I have arranged another engineer visit know that the Area Field Managers are aware of all the ongoing issues mentioned within this thread. I have booked in the next available appointment we had. Please sign into your My Virgin Media account to view the appointment time slot and it can be rearranged from there if needed.

Please keep us posted with how the visit goes and if there's anything else you need.

Beth

Beth

h5pdk
On our wavelength

Thank you 

h5pdk
On our wavelength

Can you cancel my appointment please I've gone to the expense of buying a third party router which has solved the problem.

It's such a shame that virginmedia supply sub standard products that do not do what they are designed too. 

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @h5pdk,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry that you've been left feeling disappointed with our equipment but I'm glad you've found a reasonable solution for the issue.

I've gone ahead and cancelled the appointment as per your request. Please get in touch in the future if there's anything we can help with.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi @h5pdk,

Hope you're well.

I have now spoken with the Area Field Manager and also the Regional Field Manager who have now advised that the issue has now been resolved. Can you please just let us know that everything is now working correctly? 

Thanks,

Beth

Beth

h5pdk
On our wavelength

It is working correctly because I had to fix it at my own expense by buying a third party router.

Virginmedia have been useless throughout. I even had an engineer turn up today after I'd cancelled the appointment. The engineer said he was going to recommend a third party router as virginmedia's equipment isn't upto the task.

A credit on my account for all the hassle, expense and lack of service I've had would have been nice, but nothing!

Unfortunately I will not be recommending Virginmedia to friends and relatives. 

Oh I see, that is very disappointing to hear. I have fed this back to the Field Team and currently awaiting a response,

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can look into this further for you and raise a complaint. I'll do my best to work towards a resolution with you.

Beth

Beth

BeejD
Joining in

Our broadband connection keeps dropping

It's been like this for months on and off 

Hi BeejD,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we our sorry to hear your connection is dropping, I have been able to locate your account with the details we have for you and although I cannot see any issues I can see that you haven't rebooted your Router for over 66 Days, this is the first thing we advise when any issues occur.

Can you try a pin reset on the Router just to rule out a software issue, first check all the internal connections are hand tight then push a pin/ paper clip in the back of the Router where it says reset, push in until you feel it press then hold in for a timed 1 Minute, do not reboot during or after and allow 15 Minutes to settle afterwards? 

If after a Reset you are still facing the same issues then please set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with us. Make sure you uncheck the “ignore ping from WAN side” box in the settings if you see a wall of "red" - note it will take an hour or two to start seeing a sensible picture. please run this for 72 hours and post the results here so we can have a further look into this for you.

Kind regards

Paul.