cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection dropping

h5pdk
On our wavelength

I have been having connection issues with my broadband now for sometime. This is also affecting both my 360 TV boxes so I'm am unable to watch recordings or catch up TV etc. 

The broadband will work fine and then suddenly go off by its own accord, sometimes freezing and then sometimes losing connection altogether. When this happens if I disconnect my device I am using from the Internet it comes back on for a short time then the connection fails again. 

I have tried rebooting the router but this does not seem to have helped with the issue. The connection is being lost on both wired PC's and wireless devices in the home. All the wiring is fine and the connections on all cables are secure and  tight.

I would appreciate it if a Virginmedia moderator could get in touch with me as things have got that bad I'm having to use my phones 4g connection. 

59 REPLIES 59

BQM shows minor packet loss but no total loss of connection 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

h5pdk
On our wavelength

Screenshot_20210501-142922_Chrome.jpg

Hi @h5pdk,

I am really sorry to hear you've been facing these service issues recently.

May I ask if they appear to be ongoing today? Apologies for our delayed response.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

h5pdk
On our wavelength

Yes it's happening everyday 

Hi @h5pdk,

Thank you for confirming. I can also see in an earlier post that both your wired and wireless/Wi-Fi connections appear to be affected by this issue.

I can also see a mention of reboots. Have you performed a factory reset yet to see if that helps at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

h5pdk
On our wavelength

It has been factory reset. A technician replaced my hub and wiring a couple of weeks ago

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @h5pdk

Thanks for popping back - when checking your account we can see that it's been around a week since the Hub was last rebooted so around the time the new Hub was replaced for you. 

Can you reboot for us and if no joy, please do a PIN hole reset as advised earlier and let us know how you get on?

All your signal levels are looking within specification and what we would expect for your package and equipment; we have no errors or area issues at the time of writing either. 

Is the BQM you have posted above the live version? If so, no drop outs can be seen at the time of checking this end. Since your visit, are you having the drop outs on both wired and WiFi devices at the same time? 

Katie - Forum Team

h5pdk
On our wavelength

20210505_193208.jpg

I've rebooted the superhub. This is my TV tonight, I am unable to watch recordings and catch up again! 

I'm sorry to see you're still having some trouble with your connection h5pdk.

Can you please confirm how your TV box is connected to your hub? Is it via WiFi or ethernet cable?

We have identified a few issues with your wireless coverage, specifically on the 2.4Ghz signal. Can you please confirm if you were indeed able to factory reset the hub, rather than reboot as you advised above?

Many thanks,

Beth

Beth