cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection down since Sunday - M4

Aidanjalali
Dialled in

Hi. Just thought I'd post on here to see if I could get an actual response from someone at Virgin, rather than the 'There is an issue in your area' generic feedback on the service status page.

Our broadband connection has been completely dead since Sunday and the fix date/time just keeps getting pushed back. I was wondering if I could get a response as to why this is and an actual ETA of when it might be fixed? I'm currently having to USB tether to get my work done, but my data isn't unlimited and eventually I'm going to start losing out on money if I have to put my contracts on hold. There are a bunch of houses in the area that have also lost connection since Sunday.

My Broadband Ping - My Virgin Media M4 connection
15 REPLIES 15

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Aidanjalali, thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the broadband.
I have looked in to this matter for you and have ran some checks.

The system is advising that there is a blip on the network and has advised to monitor the connection for the next 24 hours whilst some other checks go on in the background.
I do understand the issues this causes as you have stated that this issue has been on-going since Sunday. Please let us know how the connection is in the next 24 hours from now and we will be able to escalate the matter from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks. Our connection was back up today, but it has just now gone back down again. I guess there are still issues in the area that need sorting?

Now back again, but at the rate things are going I can't say I'm confident it'll stay up! Will update again how it is in the next day or so.

Yeah, as you can probably see from my chart, it's been all over the place. I just received an sms saying things were fixed, but it's not. I've had to tether on my phone to get my work done, & had to buy more data. Do I still get compensation for days of poor service? We had semi-working internet on Thursday but it's been so poor I've basically just had to stick to tethering all week..

It's incredibly frustrating being constantly told 'an engineer is in the area' (even immediately after registering loss of service) and being told it's fixed when it isn't. I'd really just love an honest update of what's going on and how long it might last, because if this goes on much longer I will need to make other arrangements for our internet. 

Connection sadly still down today and fix time being moved to 8pm today. Do engineers even work on weekends? Am I just being fobbed off? 😬

Hi, Im writing from M40 who has the same issue with M4. This is now getting ridiculous. Not acceptable at all. Everyday the tome and date for repair completion is being pushed back . There needs to be someone who can take responsibility and give an honest update so we can make other arrangements. We are working from home and it is quite embarrassing for you not to figure out an issue and leave us in the dark. Sort this asap!

@Aylintara wrote:

Hi, Im writing from M40 who has the same issue with M4. This is now getting ridiculous. Not acceptable at all. Everyday the tome and date for repair completion is being pushed back . There needs to be someone who can take responsibility and give an honest update so we can make other arrangements. We are working from home and it is quite embarrassing for you not to figure out an issue and leave us in the dark. Sort this asap!

If you work from home you need to invest in a backup connection since there is no SLA with a home internet subscription.

So you are basically saying this level of service is acceptable?!

@Aylintara wrote:

So you are basically saying this level of service is acceptable?!

Based on your contract with VM yes.

Since It's possible I have to work from home I've had a backup connection in place since COVID hit.