cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband & rain

Goldenpig
Tuning in

Whenever it rains my broadband goes down. It’s raining now & on cue the broadband has cut out. While it eventually gets resolved, it’s annoying especially as I’m increasingly reliant on this connection as a disabled person living alone.

11 REPLIES 11

Goldenpig
Tuning in

I meant to add does anyone else experience this & if so how was it resolved? If you have any other advice it would be welcome.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I had this experience once before, and it was a street cabinet was letting rain in.  It was sorted fairly quickly, and thankfully I've never had a re-occurrence.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is usually a leaky connection or cable causing moisture ingress into the outside coaxial cable. VM will have no knowledge there is an issue as there is no remote monitoring beyond cabinet level, so you have to either ring faults or wait here for a couple of days & the staff can book a technician.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your response.

Ok thanks for your reply

Hi @Goldenpig 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of any broadband issues.

I have not been able to locate your system from the Forum information provided so I will send you a PM now to get some details.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @Goldenpig 
Thanks for joining me on PM and confirming your details so I can book in the technician visit for the service issues. The visit will be viewable shortly in your online account - virg.in/myVM - where you can cancel/amend if needed.
There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment
Let us know how the visit goes and do also pop back if you ever need further assistance.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks I got your message & replied the appointment you made is not suitable. The app you mention like much of WWW is unfortunately not accessible, I use a screen reader.

Hi @Goldenpig 

Thanks for your message. You should be able to reschedule the visit in your online account. Let us know if not able to do so.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team