cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation

Macka3
Joining in

I have recently received my quick-start broadband/tv. my property had an existing virgin fibre feed to the property so i have simply just changed over the hub to the one i recieved in the post. im still however after 2/3 hours getting a solid red light. i have done the diagnostics and its stating it isnt activated yet. I have been on the phone to support and seem to be going round in circles as nobody can seem to help. Is there anything i can do to sort this? They are stating its still in pre-installation stage?

3 REPLIES 3

g0akc
Problem sorter

Try this

“You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Hello thanks for your response, does this apply for the broadband? thats the main thing that i need sorting. the engineer who came out today will need to rewire the cable which goes to the the tv box so that will be being done at a later date. i just need the broadband sorting as the main thing.

Regards

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Macka3, thank you for posting on our help forum and sorry to hear of the issue with your service activation.

Please, give us an update and let us know if the issues faced have been resolved and your hub is up and running?
We also checked and found an area fault that might be affecting the quality of your service currently, this is due to be fixed by 31st October after 3pm based on the latest updates.

Let us know if you need help with the above, we're eager to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs