Menu
montoya_c_a
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband access denied SE23

Everything was working fine and the all of the sudden we lost power to the house and when it came back a few minutes later the Internet Accra was gone, I tried restarting the modem and all that but nothing happen, 

it keeps showing as access denied, I have call customer services but it was not very helpful I know she tried 

not internet on half term this is driving us crazy

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband access denied SE23

What is internet Accra ?
Has the power outage perhaps "reset" the Hub to factory settings?
Have your wifi & Hub passwords reverted back to those printed on the base sticker/card? (assuming you had changed them before). If so you may have to reconnect with those passwords.
And, you didnt say, what Hub model version is it?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
sandrawilliams
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you expect a swift resolution your access denied error I have some bad news for you unfortunately.  Please read my own saga.  I hope you have better luck!

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/HUB-3-0-Reports-Access-Denied-Error/td-p/40...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi montoya_c_a, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had. Can I confirm how everything is since your post? I am unable to see any issues from this side. If you could let me know. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
sandrawilliams
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Login to your hub and see what status is reported.  Sadly if it reports ACCESS DENIED  in red letters, Virgin will claim that tests show the device is working properly and  you will not be eligible for compensation. Estimated time to repair, generally 1-3 weeks from what I have read on this forum.  If you are stuck in the loop of lies on the phone that tells you engineers are aware of a complex fault and are working on the problem.    Do not believe.  Instead get through to cancellations where you can at least speak to a human operator. I must warn you that if you call from a non virgin phone and enter your account number Virgin will remember this number in future and return you to the loop of lies on subsequent phone calls.  Customer satisfaction guaranteed.

0 Kudos