cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Quality Monitor dont work

SethEvans
Tuning in

Hi is anyone have their BQM working ? im constantly having red bar, i read that on BQM website

The latest version of the Virgin Media Superhub firmware (R36) hides the setting under Advanced settings > Tools > Ping - 'WAN Ping Respond', 'Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP'

but with last software i cant find any option related to that and basically BQM dont work 

20 REPLIES 20

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
It may of moved? just go round looking for it you will find it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Also check that your i.p. address hasn't changed since you set up the BQM - that caught me out a few months ago.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Adress IP is correct, im in Modem mode but few months ago was working ok 

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 18.40.01.png

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What router are you using? Is it a TP-Link one by any chance as they recently borked a software update that prevented respond to pings " being activatable"

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

no, its ASUS RT-AC88U, but i dont think its router fault, as BQM ping a modem 

As far as I know you have to enable ping requests via the ASUS router settings and not the hub itself 

WOW it worked, Thanks

Turned On ICMP Echo on router and BQM start registering. So when in Modem Mode its up to router not a modem itself, look that my last router update turned off IMCP Echo. 

Hope this gonna help others as well.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yep, when in modem mode packets are just forwarded to your own router without any processing. This makes the Hub3 much more efficient as its processor is rather restricted.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for the update SethEvans and glad to hear the issue has now been resolved.

If you need us again in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

Rob