Menu
piltonbadger
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Post RS errors and Virgins inability to see/fix them?

Hi there

So, last night when I returned home from work, I came to realise my Wi-fi was not working, entirely.  Nothing could connect to the Wi-Fi, and even though it was turned on in the router, for all intents and purposes, the Wi-fi didn't exist.  Later on that night, it magically started to work again, and I thought nothing of it, having checked on the virgin website, and (apparently) there was no service problems etc.  

Fast forward to this morning, and my internet has been intermittent all morning.  Periodically resetting itself,  and with a rather high amount of pre and post RS errors on my first downstream channel.  

Locked1139000000 HzQAM2566.7 dBmV38.3 dB21679108122799

Is what it currently looks like, and no matter how many times I reset my router, it is constantly a problem for me and has a high amount of errors (highest amount of Pre RS errors was 131 million, with 687k Post RS errors).  

After a short and exasperating phone call with one of your...technicians?  I was told there is nothing wrong with any of the downstream channels, and basically inferred I was worry about nothing and I didn't know what I was talking about.  

It's rather frustrating to be treated like that, especially when I can see how many pre/post RS errors I am getting by looking in my router.  

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem, or would I need an engineer to come out and look at it?  

I am using superhub 1, if that helps at all.  

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Post RS errors and Virgins inability to see/fix them?

The SH1 is a museum piece now. Whilst you may have a network connection issue the first thing is to replace the SH1 with a new Hub3. Call it in as a fault and say that there is no wifi at all and your phones/tablets etc cannot see the network! Be patient and go through their tests but be insistent that the wifi is dead and politely insist on either a replacement Hub be sent out or book a technicians visit to fix it.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
piltonbadger
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

the Wi-Fi STILL isn't working, so it wouldn't be telling them a lie that it isn't 😛  

My phone can see it until I try to connect to it, then it just disappears.  comes back after a refresh or two, then disappears when I try to connect to it.  

Happens with any device trying to connect to my Wi-Fi.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Call it in.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
piltonbadger
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am, it is like pulling teeth with no pain killers trying to deal with Virgin.  

Having tried to upgrade my package through their website (twice, no less) they can't even find my order(s) and I'm being given the rounaround on the phone by them.  

**bleep**, I am getting really frustrated now, to the point I want to cancel my services.  I just want working internet.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi piltonbadger,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums.

Very sorry to hear you are having trouble with your internet. Have the team been able to arrange the upgrade of the hub for you when you called?

We wouldn't want you to cancel and would love to help from here. If you haven't got this resolved, please let us know and we will see what we can do to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 (or 0800 9528046) - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open Monday – Friday, 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. – [08.01 is best!]) you have a better chance of getting a UK call centre (it could still be a 30’+ wait though) who will be more understanding and helpful. Tell them you are thinking of leaving for Sky/BT because of these problems with he wifi on the SH1 and they will try and sort it for you (as it’s their job to keep customers)

--------------------
0 Kudos