cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Issues

garyl80
Joining in

For the past 2 months I have had issues with my broadband being intermittent. I have spoken to virgin about 15 times and they have been extremely unhelpful. An engineer was sent round and advised that i need a 3rd booster to help and if the problem continues then the modem will have to be rewired to another position in the house. I have yet to been sent the 3rd booster and i am wating for 2 callbacks from last week. I am working from home and without internet, i cannot work!

I am extremely disapointed with the service that i am recieving from Virgin and if this continues i will terminate my contract as I am not recieving the service i was promised when i renewed a short time ago. I have been a customer for over 15 years and this is very disapoining!

9 REPLIES 9

jem101
Superstar

I'm guessing from your description that your issue is with wifi connected devices, but what is the connection like for ethernet cabled devices?

shelton593
Joining in

@garyl80 wrote:

For the past 2 months I have had issues with my broadband being intermittent. I have spoken to virgin about 15 times and they have been extremely unhelpful. An engineer was sent round and advised that i need a 3rd booster to help and if the problem continues then the modem will have to be rewired to another position in the house. I have yet to been sent the 3rd booster and i am wating for 2 callbacks from last week. I am working from home and without internet, i cannot work!

I am extremely disapointed with the service that i am recieving from Virgin and if this continues i will terminate my contract as I am not recieving the service i was promised when i renewed a short time ago. I have been a customer for over 15 years and this is very disapoining!

Hello,

Please read below article, it's may help you.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status

My tv and telephone are connected by ethernet however while on the phone i get disconnected and have a dead line. TV is also somethimes effected.

Have tried this on many occasions and the engineer also checked the connections.

Hiya Garyl80,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your broadband services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I have already taken the time to look into your services on my side and can see straight away that your upstream levels are all out of spec, explaining why you're having so many issues! This will need an engineer to rectify, I'll pop in the notes exactly what the issue is so they know what to look for. 

I'll need to just ask you some questions before I book this, which I'll send via PM now.

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Garyl80,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I have been able to book an engineer visit for you 🙂

If you need to check, change or cancel the appointment, you can do so on your Online Account.

Once the engineer has been, I would recommend monitoring your connection for 24 hours to see if there has been any improvement. 

If you still need help afterwards, we will of course be here to assist and investigate further!

Thanks.

Megan_L

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi garyl80,

Off the back of your private message,

There looks to be a platform outage raised, the fix date for this is 9th September.

If you are still experiencing issues after this please let us know.

Alex_Rm

Thanks for you message.

It has been like this for the past few weeks now which doesnt help if im working from home. Will i be getting a discount on my next bill? 

Hello garyl80

This area has a review date of today 08/09/21 at 18:00 

Can you please let us know how things are after that time 

Regarding discount this here will explain our policy on refunds 

Gareth_L