cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Improvement

Charlie018
Joining in

I have recently upgraded my broadband to include a netgear rax200 after having had no end of problems with my hub3. 
it may have cost me a few hundred pounds for this netgear router but it’s the best thing I have even done.

prior to my purchase I had numerous engineer visits, 3 replacement hubs and even new cabling from the roadside but still no improvement to my broadband.

I can say personally that the Hubs provided by Virgin are not fit for purpose, otherwise how come after switching the hub to modem mod, connecting up my new netgear router have I not had any problems since and that is even with some 13 devices connected?

So come on Virgin, listen to the problems customers are encountering and allow us to use our own routers as your hubs from my experience are not up up the job.

I am happy to discuss the changes I have carried out and the huge improvements I now have even though it has cost me personally a large sum of money to get what I really expect from my broadband. I did discuss this cost with Virgin, but they did not provide any assistance or provide discount with my upgrade.

The best thing I’d I have not had to call Virgin again about my broadband which is a blessing.

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Charlie018 wrote:

<snip>

So come on Virgin, listen to the problems customers are encountering and allow us to use our own routers as your hubs from my experience are not up up the job.

VM do allow you to have your own Router. They will not allow you to have another cable modem however, and that is why they have modem mode.

For the majority of users I would suggest the Hubs are adequate, but for others, including myself, modem mode is the way to go.   

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As long as their Hubs satisfies the requirements of the vast majority of their >5m customers, the mighty VM Marketing Department will not be lobbying their masters at Liberty Global to provide a new better quality Hub.

As Adduxi says.... thank goodness for modem mode.... for those of us who want more control and better quality equipment

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.