cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Constant Lag Spikes

pblyth67
Joining in

Hello,

For roughly the past 2 weeks or so, our broadband connection has been having some issues where every 5-10 minutes, there will be an incredible lag spike for a second or two, to the point where streams will buffer and games will disconnect temporarily or will fail to connect while searching for games.

It has become increasingly annoying to put up with and would like some help with the issue.

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Changing modes would give you a new IP it should be unlikely that the reason which leaves the hub in router mode being the problem which is likely.

---------------------------------------------------------------

That's the most sound theory so far in my mind, but what will I be able to do about it? Is it just a matter of keep it in modem mode and purchase a separate router? Or is there some way to fix the router mode?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

It wouldn't surprise me if disabling the useless firewall will make it work better, but yes look at getting your own router.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your post @pblyth67, can you please confirm if you have been able to disable the firewall has improved the level of service for you?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Sorry for the late reply, but yes I did turn off the firewall and no, the issue still persists unfortunately. 

I had a myriad of other issues when trying modem mode too, my PC worked perfectly fine but another PC in the house needed an IP set for it, then going back into router mode, the wifi wouldn't turn on. Even when going into the hub settings and trying to turn on 2.4G and 5G, when I saved the settings, they reverted themselves, so I had to reset to factory settings again for wifi to come back.

I'm at a loss at this point.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @pblyth67,

Thanks for providing these additional details. I've taken a look on our side, and can see a large number of disconnections on your service, which may be indicating a fault and the reason why there are some issues on your service.

I'm going to pop you a private message so we can assist you further. Please look out for it in the top-right envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

pblyth67
Joining in

Well, it was a good run for about a month. After the engineer came and sorted a couple of issues there was and another factory reset, there was 0 internet issues. Right up until the hub updated through the night last night, just after midnight. The issue is back and I've already tried a factory reset and a decently long rest period for the hub but to no avail. Modem mode works perfectly fine as it did before, its just router mode that has the problem. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies that this has happened. 

How are things looking at the moment? I have been able to take a look at our systems and I can't see anything that stands out to be causing an issue. Is it possible you could expand on what the issues you are having now please? Is it the same as before just to confirm? 

Cheers, 

Ryan.