Menu
Highlighted
trude2000
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Complaint

I have just got off the phone to the complaints department who called me regarding a complaint I had submitted. For the last 6 months we have had Broadband issues. The connection would drop off randomly throughout the day and night. NOT just WiFi. The hub would occasionally reset itself back to factory settings. We had called VM and on I think 4 different occasions we had an engineer come out. They have changed the junction box on the outside of the house, changed cables coming from junction box, changed connections on cables inside the house, changed the hub. We are now losing our broadband about 10/15 times a day lasting 10 to 20 minutes. We spoke to someone yesterday after the 11th loss of service and was told that there was a server issue that would be fixed on 17th July that would resolve this problem. We were not informed about this! The person who just called me from complaints has just told me that the is an outage in our area that will be resolved tomorrow (3rd July) @ 18:20. I had a long discussion about this outage as she said it was from the 21st June. I explained we have been having this issue since at least April, she confirmed this by looking at our account. I have just looked at the service status and it says there is NO issue with Broadband but there is, in fact as issue with the TV and that will be fixed tomorrow (3rd July) @18.20. So now I don't know if the woman got this service status wrong and in fact out broadband is not going to be fixed until the server issue is fixed on the 17th July or is the service status on the website incorrect and in fact it is the Broadband that will be fixed tomorrow. The last engineer that came out on the 4th June stated it wasn't our issue it was an issue with the network and an engineer would be out to look at the Green Junction box up the street. If someone went to the green box we weren't aware of it and if they did go whatever they did made know difference to our problem. I asked to speak to the complaints person's boss because I was getting nowhere with this woman and can say for a fact that issue didn't just start on the 21st June. Apparently she doesn't have one!!! She is the last line...…. so is she the CEO of Virgin!! was I in fact talking to Richard Branson!!! We have been with Virgin since before it was Virgin, when it was Ntlworld. so over 20 yrs and this is the worst there service has ever been. The telephone system (150) has been dreadful for many years and we dread having to contact them, but lately things seem to be getting even worse. Does anyone know what the problem is with the broadband in our area NN15 and when / if it is going to be fixed. Many thanks
0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Complaint

something to note - Richard Branson has nothing to do with Virgin Media.
0 Kudos
trude2000
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

LOL I know I was joking!
0 Kudos
Rdeakin1802
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancel cancel cancel

i hate virgin my experience even worse get rid

0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If the problem isn't resolved soon (with compensation for the poor service) then you should consider escalating the problem to the arbitration service CISAS.

To do this you need to have reasonable records of when the problems have occurred, what you wanted from VM, how long they took to resolve - if they have at all.  You don't need to have every last detail, but sufficient example evidence and dates to show that you have a genuine complaint, that you've given VM every chance to fix it, and they've failed to do that.  If you really want to go to town, then you can make a subject access request to VM for all the detail they hold on you, and that would include (for example) timed and dated call recordings of any conversations you've had with VM staff.

What that means in practice is that from the date that you first initiated the complaints process with VM, they have eight weeks to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.  If they can't or won't, then you can go before then so long as you have a "deadlock" letter that confirms that VM have exhausted the complaints process and your complaint is still not resolved.  There's no costs to you, VM do have to pay case fees if the complaint is accepted for investigation, and whatever resolution CISAS recommend is binding on VM.  Obviously eight weeks is a long time if you only made a formal complaint recently, and in that time VM may find and fix the problem - you could still demand compensation though.  If you started the complaint process earlier, then they've got less time before you can refer to CISAS.

If you go down this route, it's quite important to be clear on the outcome you want - be that any combination of compensation, leaving VM without paying an early termination penalty, or simply VM providing the appropriate technical resources to ensure you get a reliable, fully functioning connection at the speed you're contracted to.   

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning trude2000,

I'm terribly sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with our services. 

I'm happy to look into this for you if you're still having issues.

Just look out for the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

David_Bn

0 Kudos