cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Booster Dead - No Lights

mobailey
Dialled in

My broadband booster died suddenly yesterday afternoon.  The booster "receiver" stopped working, not even any lights on it.  Tried different plug sockets, long press of reset and other buttons.  It's dead.

The "sending" part is fine - still has lights on, just has no one to talk to.

Please can a new booster be sent to us?

Many thanks

-Rachel Bailey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Calling it in as a fault will be quicker. Lines still open and people are getting through ok. Could be days on here before someone from VM picks this up

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Calling it in as a fault will be quicker. Lines still open and people are getting through ok. Could be days on here before someone from VM picks this up

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It took half an hour to get through, but I've reported the fault, and a new booster should be with us tomorrow.

-mobailey

Hi mobailey,

Thank you for coming back to us, have you received your new boosters since your last post?

Regards

Paul.

Hi, who do I call to report a fault?

Hi, which number did you call to report the fault? Thanks.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @HeidiS

Thank you for your post regarding reporting a fault.

The best thing to do would be to call our Broadband Faults team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 - press 1, then 2, then 1 again to get through to their department.

Hope this helps 🙂

Serena

Hi Serena,

I tried this and it simply told me to re-start my Hub and then hung up on me! The issue is not with the Hub, the problem is that the 'receiver' part of my booster set up as died. Similar to the above message, it has no lights on and won't work in any socket. I need to order a replacement receiver booster. My household and I all work from home so need this fixing as a matter of urgency.

Please could you advise?

Thanks,

Heidi

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi HeidiS,

Thanks for the details. I am so sorry to hear you were disconnected on your call to us, I assure you this would have been unintentional.

I'd like to take a look at ordering a new WiFi Pod for you (we no longer provide Boosters, we now do WiFi Pods) I am going to PM you now so that I can access your account and get this sorted out for you 🙂

Thanks

Serena

What number do I call