cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BroadBand Issues

Sacha220614
Tuning in

I have contacted Virgin Media numerous times. I have done all the checks which shows that the connection status is fine. I have used technical support but to no avail the internet connection cuts out throughout the day and the whole family notices this. Can someone please send me a replacement Hub as its is likely the hub is playing up.

Regards

Sacha C

6 REPLIES 6

lotharmat
Community elder
Hiya,

What checks have you done?

Is it just a wifi issue or do ethernet connected devices do the same?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Ethernet connected devices are also affected. Status checks of the hub, wifi and checks to see whether there are issues in the local area. The internet will work then it goes down and we all loose connection on devices and laptops. 

The hub is in the living room and there are no obstruction. 

This has been an going issue for 6 months now. 

I was advised that the last resort would be to change the hub. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sacha220614,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing ongoing connection issues with your Broadband connection!

Have you looked through our Service Status page options where you can run equipment tests once you've signed into your online account? Have you checked our WiFi Diagnostic tool to see if this can help? 

I was able to locate your account on our system and can see that there are no area issues that could be impacting your service. However, I can see that there are some upstream power level issues showing through that could be impacting your connection and speed. 

In order to have this issue looked into and resolved, we will need to book a technician appointment. I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. 

I will be in touch soon.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sacha220614,

Thank you for confirming your details with me over Private Message. 

I was able to book your technician appointment for the first available slot on the system. You can manage your appointment on your online account.

Please let me know if there's anything else we can help with, and please keep us updated on how your appointment goes! 🙂

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Thank you 😊

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sacha220614,

No problem at all, I'm happy to help!

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team