cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broad band connection

dawny51
Tuning in

The new hub 3 issues with a connection upstairs have ordered a booster but none in stock ,virgin done a test for 7 days must know there a issue upped spins to 600 know but still having issues try phoning them but waiting for over 1hr to speak to someone this is very poor ,never had issues with old router.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you having any issues with devices connected on ethernet cables? That is - is your issue likely to be wifi only or a network connection one - a test on ethernet cables will point to which one that might be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Dawny51 - post back what the recommended option is and whether it fixes the wifi issue. Thanks

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you having any issues with devices connected on ethernet cables? That is - is your issue likely to be wifi only or a network connection one - a test on ethernet cables will point to which one that might be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dawny51, thanks for posting and welcome  to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with WiFi since you changed your hub. I have been able to locate your account and from what I can see, it does appear to be WiFi issues only?  Would you like us to take a look into things for you?

Regards

Lee_R

Yes please 

Happy to Dawny51. I am just going to pop you a quick direct message.

Regards

Lee

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Dawny51 - post back what the recommended option is and whether it fixes the wifi issue. Thanks

--------------------
John
--------------------

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dawny51

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What was the response - just for future reference 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

yeller76
Joining in

Forgot to say I’m last post that I can’t connect to devices on other

@dawny51 wrote:

The new hub 3 issues with a connection upstairs have ordered a booster but none in stock ,virgin done a test for 7 days must know there a issue upped spins to 600 know but still having issues try phoning them but waiting for over 1hr to speak to someone this is very poor ,never had issues with old router.

downstairs room plus uostairs I phoned there tech team to be told because I have sky tv I cannot use virgin broadband with it that’s why I have issues I was like OMG and this is there tech team anyway I told her to put me through to her manager who told me wrong department I was like what I just spoke with one of you tech team so was like ok was told a direct line Yerp was put through for it to ring out I was like what the and welcome to virgin broadband 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @yeller76,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your review and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.

Can you tell us a little more about the problem that you're experiencing so we can see what we can do to help?

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs