Menu
Sjurseth
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Boosting WiFi signal

Can anyone recommend a good repeater to boost my WIFI signal so I would be able to access  it from my conservatory? I have tried a repeater from Lidl's and placing it next to the modem the signal strength goes no higher than 2 bars. Plugged into a socket in the hall mid way between front room and conservatory I still get the 2 bars but it is not strong enough to do the job. Any ideas please.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Boosting WiFi signal

On the whole repeaters do not work very well at all, if you want better WiFi your best bet is to buy a good Wireless Access Point. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
Sjurseth
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that. I am of the luddite breed. Where would I get one? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Amazon. BroadbandBuyer. Currys. Argos. etc...  Do your research first.  Check out wifi routers and access points to decide what features you need.  Depends on your budget - around £70-100 will get you a decent one of either - but the more you pay the better the device (in general) Also look at "mesh" systems for more extensive coverage. Just need to make sure it is "cable" compatible.  Lots of recent posts on here with good suggestions

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos