Menu
Jakestar
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Boosters

• Plz help ssid wont show on wifi list.ive done everything from reset to re pairing the boosters,white lights on both boosters are on.rang vm tech was told fault was with hub n to restart but to no avail.plz help.....desperate now

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Boosters

The boosters are probably copying the hubs SSID

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Jakestar
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So how do I resolve this

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If you want the booster to have it’s own SSID then login to the booster by it’s IP address and change the Wifi SSID it broadcasts. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Jakestar
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to be  a pain but hiw would I do this im not good with tech stuff

0 Kudos
Len0207
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My booster is no longer working even after trying to reset. How do I get virgin to send me a replacement booster?

0 Kudos
stephmacdon1
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

A few weeks ago we had a problem getting wifi to my husband computer up in his study, there was a problem with our connection but cause of covid i got a phone call instead from an engineer, he told me i needed a booster and could order one through this forum.

Is this possible as i have had to wait weeks as the connect app is useless and i was told there was no boosters avaliable until after 15th Feb.

Can u help me.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@stephmacdon1 wrote:

Hi

A few weeks ago we had a problem getting wifi to my husband computer up in his study, there was a problem with our connection but cause of covid i got a phone call instead from an engineer, he told me i needed a booster and could order one through this forum.

Is this possible as i have had to wait weeks as the connect app is useless and i was told there was no boosters avaliable until after 15th Feb.

Can u help me.

Many Thanks

unfortunately, they are still out of stock - you can register your interest for them here - I've seen recent posts from other users saying that they are now being quoted the end of this month for availability.

unless you are on the ultimate oomph or gig package though, the boosters attract a £5 per month charge - if you are eligible to get them for free you may as well give them a go, otherwise you're probably better off spending the money on your own wifi equipment. 

0 Kudos
Maria1806
Settling in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi were would i get boosters as i have black spots in the house.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Maria1806 wrote:

Hi were would i get boosters as i have black spots in the house.

Depends. You’d be better off getting your own better router, mesh system or installing a wireless AP or two

0 Kudos