Menu
DannyG1
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Boosters / complaint

Recently had a 2nd tivo box installed in a garage conversion and as a result engineer was kind enough to supply virgin boosters. When she left the signal was strong (full bars) and all good. Recently the signal has been intermittent following a power cut and despite repairing signal really poor. 3 calls to VM later, tried all resets, just been passed from pillar to post and last call I was being to an engineer would visit (at last) then he cut me off after 50 mins on the phone. Someone please help. What do I have to do to get someone to help resolve this. Clearly I can’t do it on my own. 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Boosters / complaint

Are you able to do some simple diagnostics like checking the lights on the booster or switching both parts off and on?

0 Kudos
DannyG1
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tried it all. When the engineer came she initially said the booster would require a different password but then said she’d managed to get both working off the same ip and I suspect that’s not the case now however I can see an alternative network to try. Think I’ve tried everything they’ve suggested and just want an engineer to sort but have failed to get through to anyone who can assist with this. It’s enougn to make you question loyalty. 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Its quite expensive to send a technician hense there reluctance to send one. If you see the alternative network the password to join that network is on a sticker on the rear of the wifi part of the booster
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about this DannyG1,

I've checked things from this end and everything appears to be within spec via your equipment.

How have things been for you since?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
DannyG1
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No better virtually no signal where the booster is and I have tried twice since to get help by calling but nothing. I’m seriously considering leaving. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi DannyG1,

Thanks for posting back here.

Just so I can understand this a little better, are the Virgin Media boosters in the garage? If so, are they able to connect to the Hub?

If not, does the WPS button help at all?

You can try to separate the 2.4 and 5 GHz wireless networks on the Hub with different names/passwords to see if that will help.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DannyG1
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

WPS button no. 

Last st part of your advice - I have no idea what you’re taking about which is why an engineer would be great. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi DannyG1,

In regards to the separation of the wireless networks, with the Hub 3 it broadcasts both 2.4 and 5 GHz network as one rather than separately. To make it easier for devices to connect too you can try to separate them. 

To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar > sign in with the details underneath the router > on the left click into Advanced Settings > Wireless then Security. This will allow you to change the name and passwords of the networks.

If that fails, there could be an issue with the Booster itself and you can call through to us for a replacement. We are limited to how much we can do when it comes to wireless as it is so heavily effected by different interference's in the home that are completely outside our control.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos