cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boosters and printer

Bagpuss12
On our wavelength

I have WiFi boosters in my house that work perfectly fine albeit VM themselves told me delete the Connect app as despite apparently pairing and using the same user name and password they retain separate signals and the app can’t differentiate between the two. However, despite the fact that every other device in my house continues to work without issue, my wireless printer will not connect no matter what I do but as soon as I unplug the boosters it works no problem? It’s a HP3050 printer

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

There is a special place in Hell reserved for the designers of wifi printers (along with those who design digital alarm clocks, multi-storey car parks, and all of the people involved with Parking Eye).  There's a whole range of odd peculiarities to wifi printers and you'd have to scour the internet with well constructed search phrases to find all of these for your printer, but as a starting suggestion you can try giving your 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands different names (rather than sharing the same name), as this often works with dumb devices. 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Likely the way cheap WiFi works is it sees two SSID that are the same but with different MAC's instead of trying one at a time it tries both and then there is a fight.

It would be interesting to see if you have two SSID that are the same but with different passwords...  

---------------------------------------------------------------