Menu
Cmelw1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Booster

Had a booster delivered tried to set it up and it failed

called virgin first person said try again check if you have internet no it still not connect

got put through to someone else no you need the first section you spoke to

another person checked my details for third time went through it all again reset told that’s fine it will be ok

NO it’s still not working it’s says in the instruction small and large boosters they are the same size is that right?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booster

The wifi boosters are bigger than the wired one, you should have two sizes

0 Kudos
Cmelw1
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They are the wired booster that you plug in the socket but are both the same size

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cmelw1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear of the issues you've had with the wireless boosters. Have you managed to get this working since posting?

If not, let me know. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Cmelw1
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No still not right

followed all instructions, last try five hours ago O’Neill the cable to router has power light on and flashing red light, the other has flashing red light, this happens every time, think it’s ok and the red lights come back on flashing 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Cmelw1, 

Sorry that you are still having some issues here. 

We have various different scenarios for the boosters so set up would depend on what we have sent you out. With all the kits we send out, you do need to pair them first: 

To setup the adaptors

1. Plug in the two adaptors (preferably in the same room).
  2. Press the sync buttons on each of the adaptors within 2 minutes.

Once paired, you can then place in the home where needed as below:

The standard kit we provide is a Wired booster kit; both boosters will look the same.

Wired boosters are Ethernet only adaptors.

You need to plug the main booster to the wall socket closest to your Hub. you then connect this with an Ethernet cable to your Hub. 

The corresponding booster needs to be plugged into the room you want signal in - your internet signal will be sent from the main booster through your electrical wiring to your corresponding booster 🙂 

The booster in the room that needs signal will then need a Ethernet cable from the booster to the equipment (PC or laptop for example). 

Please let us know if this helps you at all.  

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Cmelw1
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tried that a number times when I called and since did it again on Saturday One with cable had power light and red flashing the other one has red flashing light, was like that for an hour.left them on all night nothing changed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Cmelw1, 

I have sent you a private message so I can assist further with this. 

Regards, 

Dean C