cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booster

paultrueblue
Tuning in

I have the hub4 with 1 gig broadband they don’t seem to have any boosters so I’m looking at buying my own I have found these Tenda Nova MW3 Whole Home WiFi System. but I’m a numpty when it comes to tech so are these any good and would these work with 1 gig broadband please if not can anyone recommend other simple to use boosters to eradicate the blind spots in my house thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Boosters are poor. The Tenda is actually a "Mesh" system - It doesnt have GB ports - if so you will never get more than 100Mbps out of them. Tenda are regarded as a "budget" range on here

Look for a Mesh with GB ports - start with the TP-Link Deco M4 or M5's

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Boosters are poor. The Tenda is actually a "Mesh" system - It doesnt have GB ports - if so you will never get more than 100Mbps out of them. Tenda are regarded as a "budget" range on here

Look for a Mesh with GB ports - start with the TP-Link Deco M4 or M5's

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the info 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are on the 1GB Tier, you are entitled to up to 3 free wifi Pods from VM.   Phone up and enquire.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The trouble is that I can’t use the virgin media connect app because I have the hub4 and they don’t support it and it keeps telling me that they are out of stock. But I like the look of the boosters that were recommended they actually look tidy and have good reviews 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You dont need the connect App for anything that you cant do in the Hub settings.

The Pods are in stock - the website/app is borked.

Try calling in again (at 08,01) - or a VM person will reply in a day or so on here - and sort your first pod out - they are a decent piece of kit (better than those Tenda's 😎) and 1 or 2 should sort you out.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi paultrueblue, 

Thank you for your post. 

Upon looking at our systems I can see that you was able to contact the team and order a pod 🙂 Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.