cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booster stopped working

SarahB213
Joining in

Our WiFi booster has stopped working this evening. We have gone through all the steps we’re meant to twice, reset to factory settings, and paired again with Ethernet cable- but after the sync has taken place and the lights have stopped flashing it still isn’t working. Any advice? 

7 REPLIES 7

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Morning @SarahB213

Welcome to the forum community and thanks for posting this on here, 

Sorry to hear about your booster but we can look into this for you. 

From looking at your account via your forum information, I can see that you have spoken to our team recently regarding the boosters. Can I just confirm is this all sorted for you now or do you still need our assistance? 

More than happy to help if so 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello, many thanks for the message! 
No, this isn’t sorted at all- v baffling situation. Apparently my booster is defunct. And there are no boosters at all in stock, including the new pods. So their only option for me was to change my package and give me double the broadband speed I had previously. Unfortunately this doesn’t actually reach many of the rooms in my house now- including the one we work in. So I am a bit fed up, having spent an hour on the phone to people a few days ago- and while I am still in my 14 day cooling off period I’m looking around for a better deal elsewhere. I don’t understand why boosters are no longer available, thereby providing a worse service than before! 
Any advice would be much appreciated! Have spoken to customer retention line twice but they couldn’t give any advice on boosters, nor could the faults team.

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks  for your response and I'm sorry this hasn't been sorted for you, 

We no longer provide boosters as we now have the new intelligent WiFi pods, which work the same way as the boosters are better. 

We are sorry that currently they are out of stock but we are looking to stock them are very soon. 

Is your hub currently in an open location where it can reach all rooms without disconnecting? 

Thanks 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes it is. And some of the rooms it reached previously prior to us getting a booster in the first place, it no longer reaches now the booster has stopped working, which is strange! 
 When will the pods be available? I will be cancelling my contract within next 11 days (the cooling off period) if we cannot resolve this. 
Many thanks. 

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We're very sorry about that and can appreciate this is not ideal. 

I couldn't tell you for sure when the WiFi pods are coming back in stock regrettably. 

Have you carried out any other checks or had an engineer visit before?

From what I can see on your account, there are no faults or outages which could be casing a problem with your connection and everything does look like it's running smoothly to me. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

Thanks Sasha. Is there a waiting list for the boosters? 

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

There isn't no. It's just about getting in touch with our team via 0345 454 1111, they can look into this for you and get this ordered. As soon as they come back in stock, one will be sent to you. 

Hope this is all okay. 

If you do have any further issues, please do let me know 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team