Menu
Adow2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Booster problems

I've been having probs on and off for quite sometime with wifi drop out and not covering my home (just a modest 3 bed terrace) VM sent me boosters and I had them working...then they werent..then the hub wasnt working...then it was but the engineer said the boosters werent needed and the hub was more than adequate to give a wifi signal throughout. I then experienced major dropping out. When I called VM the operator said to reconnect the boosters. I did and they were working well, however the booster isnt showing on the connect app now. All the devices are listed under the hub. There are constant errors when trying to setup the boosters again. They are appearing to work, just not showing on the app. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booster problems

You dont say.... which Hub model do you have?
Do devices connected to the network via ethernet cable, drop out at the same time ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Adow2
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Its the Hub 3, precious to having this hub, the VM internet was brilliant in the house.... I've only got a firestick on the main TV hardwired on an ethernet cable but its quite stable so I'd say its just wifi that drops out..

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

One thing to try is to log into the Hub settings and turn off smart wifi and channel optimisation and also rename the SSID's of the 2.4 & 5 GHz bands so they are different and identifiable to you - so they are then clearly separated and you can then select which band each device connects to. If it doesnt work then a pinhole reset will revert the Hub back.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Adow2
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'll give that a try! Thanks for responding so quickly 👍

0 Kudos