cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booster pods not working

Andyntl
Joining in

I was with NTL back in the day and the wifi reached every inch of my house. Over the last 20 years the speed has increased (in the room where the router is) but the signal strength in areas of the house where I need it has got worse and worse, despite upgrading to the latest, fastest packages. For context I get 300+mps download next to the router and 11 in my upstairs office. So after 9 phone calls I finally get a booster pod. I follow the simple set-up instructions and locate it in the same room as the router to give it the best chance of connecting. Nothing. After 5 calls I am told the pod is duff and they will send another. This arrives. Same problem as the first one. I call again and am told the first pod was not initialised at VM end, they say that both pods will now work in 24 hours. They don't. I call back and am told to restart the router, wait 30mins, plug in pods again. Nothing. Lights still flashing and can't see them on the VM connect app.

I've given up calling VM as the advice is inconsistent and they don't seem to have the right information about the account or equipment I have. I am told the pods are incompatible with my hub on one call, then am told to connect the pods by cable (they are wireless) – how do I resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Make sure the Hub is set to factory settings as the Pods are designed to work this way.  Any deviation will cause problems.

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

Also call the equipment activation number, about an hour after the reset, and they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

Some users have also reported using the WPS button has had success in pairing the Pods to work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Make sure the Hub is set to factory settings as the Pods are designed to work this way.  Any deviation will cause problems.

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

Also call the equipment activation number, about an hour after the reset, and they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

Some users have also reported using the WPS button has had success in pairing the Pods to work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks so much Adduxi that worked perfectly.

So it's taken weeks of bashing my head against the wall with Virgin to try and get this solved. To no avail. Yet someone who doesn't work for Virgin provided the support I needed within a couple of minutes.

Thank you community. People power beats corporates.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

We do try our best 😊

Hi @Andyntl,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you had some complications with your Wi-Fi Pods, but I'm glad to see that @Adduxi was able to help you out. Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hello

I wondered if anyone could help with an issue I have with the Wifi pods? We just upgraded to the Hub 5. The 2 pods were working fine with the previous hub but are no longer connecting.

I called the activation number and they said it would be resolved in 24 hours but it is not.

Ive also tried  rebooting the router. Also tried the reset and the wps button but none of these have worked.

thanks

Graeme

Hi, @gggg1800 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Please make your own thread in future 🙂 this is just to ensure no work is missed.

Apologies for the Pod issue after the upgraded hub, I can see you've chatted to the team and we're sending a new one out.

Let us know if this fixes things 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill