cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booster has died...

monkeysaurus
Tuning in

My wifi booster has stopped working entirely, no lights at all on it and have tried turning off and on etc but no change. Which number should I call please to get a replacement sent out?

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @monkeysaurus,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your WiFi Pod!

Have you taken a look at our WiFi Pod help page to see if this can help fix your issue? If this has not helped resolve your WiFi Pod, please give our dedicated team a call on 0800 064 3850 where our dedicated team will be able to look into this further for you.

Let us know how you get on and we'll be able to help further if needed.

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

monkeysaurus
Tuning in

Hello Paulina

Thank you for the reply. I don't have a WiFi Pod, I have one of the older plug in booster systems.

monkeysaurus_0-1685698448173.png

Bizarrely, after not working for 2 days, this morning the lights have come back on and the booster is now working again but I have no idea what caused the problem and am concerned that the fault could happen again.

Kind Regards

I strongly recommend binning the old booster. They have proven to be a fire risk. 

You may wish to consider the new (safe) pods as above (VM forum team might sort out an exchange for you   https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-5-plug-in-booster/td-p/5333663) or even better sorting out your own better router with the hub in modem mode. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

monkeysaurus
Tuning in

Wow - thanks @Cardiffman282 that sounds very alarming!

Hopefully the VM Forum Team might be able to help and replace it with something less dangerous....

Hello monkeysaurus.

We can happily take a look and get this replaced for you.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L