cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booster/Pod Help - SO angry

Briony
Tuning in

I’m so angry and frustrated with virgin. We upgraded to hub 4, 1Gig to try to increase WiFi speed during wfh and homeschooling. The existing boosters will not connect, so despite faster speed, the black spots upstairs still exist. I’ve followed the online set up and reset hun and boosters numerous times, they’re just dead. I just want the new Intelligent WiFi pods as part of our package to try to rectify. Can I get to speak to someone? No. 

I have spent SEVEN HOURS on the phone to virgin this week, being passed from dept to dept with a 40 min wait each time. I have written on this forum - no response- have done the online triage/assistance 4x - no response- and have lodged a complaint, which i was told I’d be contacted within 48 hrs. Nothing. However if you call Sales, it’s a fast pickup as Virgin can make more money on this line. 

Add to this endless online ‘troubleshooting’ links, which do not shoot my trouble.?

We’re paying considerably more for a poor WiFi service and ZERO customer service. I’m at my wits end. PLUS, a dead phone line for the past few weeks AND a failed hard drive on our V6 box, since replaced. 

PLEASE help. I appreciate everyone’s struggling currently, but the customer service is horrendous. I just want to talk to someone who can fix what we’re paying more for! 😡

35 REPLIES 35

Thank you everyone.

I've unplugged pod, unplugged and rebooted hub 4, plugged pod back in and the white light is still flashing after 30 mins. There’s definitely an issue. We’ve only had this hub 4 since last week.  The lady on the call said everything is up to date, but she’s not called me back yet. I hope she does as I don’t fancy another 90 mins trying to get through today! 

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

I doubt you will get a call back, it is a way of getting rid of customers with problems that are too difficult for them.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

@gary_dexter wrote:

The “service you pay for” is for wired speeds. Not wireless.

so why are they introducing wifi pods which to users on anything other that 1gig is £5 a pod/month - i think you need to rethink that - if they are charging for a pod then by definition it should work - i grant you the speed at the hub wired is a different argument to the speed at the pod 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

@-tony- wrote:

@gary_dexter wrote:

so why are they introducing wifi pods which to users on anything other that 1gig is £5 a pod/month - i think you need to rethink that - if they are charging for a pod then by definition it should work - i grant you the speed at the hub wired is a different argument to the speed at the pod 

Because the guaranteed speeds as part of your contract still only apply to wired connections not wireless, regardless of providing a third-party Wifi Pod (with whom they have investment with). 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

@gary_dexter wrote:

@-tony- wrote:

@gary_dexter wrote:

Because the guaranteed speeds as part of your contract still only apply to wired connections not wireless, regardless of providing a third-party Wifi Pod (with whom they have investment with). 

i granted you that wired speeds and wifi speeds would be different but we are not discussing that in the thread - the problem is the pod is not working - had you missed that - if not what relevance had your post to the thread other than increasing your post count

so regardless to the fact that the pad is free on this package it should work 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

@-tony- wrote:

@gary_dexter wrote:

@-tony- wrote:

@gary_dexter wrote:

i granted you that wired speeds and wifi speeds would be different but we are not discussing that in the thread - the problem is the pod is not working - had you missed that - if not what relevance had your post to the thread other than increasing your post count

so regardless to the fact that the pad is free on this package it should work 

Free or not it won’t do the job that a better standalone router or mesh system would do.

I’ll await your reply as it’s only fair you pump your posts in return 🙃

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Interesting thread and I’ve just checked my Hub 3 had a software update 2 days ago. I believe this incorporates the Plume software necessary to communicate with these new Pods.  Fortunately I’m always in modem mode so shouldn’t affect my privacy. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

UPDATE:

pod still not working despite another 1hr 45mins on the phone. Livid. 

this post is not ‘solved’ either

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Briony wrote:

UPDATE:

pod still not working despite another 1hr 45mins on the phone. Livid. 

this post is not ‘solved’ either

if the thread is marked as solved its because you marked a post as a helpful answer - you can UN-mark it if you want

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Briony 

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with the POD's 

So that I am able to look further into this, I am going to drop you a PM for some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M