cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booster/Pod Help - SO angry

Briony
Tuning in

I’m so angry and frustrated with virgin. We upgraded to hub 4, 1Gig to try to increase WiFi speed during wfh and homeschooling. The existing boosters will not connect, so despite faster speed, the black spots upstairs still exist. I’ve followed the online set up and reset hun and boosters numerous times, they’re just dead. I just want the new Intelligent WiFi pods as part of our package to try to rectify. Can I get to speak to someone? No. 

I have spent SEVEN HOURS on the phone to virgin this week, being passed from dept to dept with a 40 min wait each time. I have written on this forum - no response- have done the online triage/assistance 4x - no response- and have lodged a complaint, which i was told I’d be contacted within 48 hrs. Nothing. However if you call Sales, it’s a fast pickup as Virgin can make more money on this line. 

Add to this endless online ‘troubleshooting’ links, which do not shoot my trouble.?

We’re paying considerably more for a poor WiFi service and ZERO customer service. I’m at my wits end. PLUS, a dead phone line for the past few weeks AND a failed hard drive on our V6 box, since replaced. 

PLEASE help. I appreciate everyone’s struggling currently, but the customer service is horrendous. I just want to talk to someone who can fix what we’re paying more for! 😡

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

@Briony wrote:

Thanks for your response, but that hasn’t helped at all. The boosters were using were provided by Virgin. There’s no issue with the speed, I just need help reducing the black spots upstairs, as Virgin suggested the boosters would help.

If someone who actually works for Virgin and can see my account could respond that would be great. Thanks.?

Can you move the Boosters closer to the 'blackspots' ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

35 REPLIES 35

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Upgrading your connection speed won’t “increase Wifi speeds” as there’s too many variables to it other than your cable speed.

Virgin do not sell Wifi services - they sell a cabled connection.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Thanks for your response, but that hasn’t helped at all. The boosters were using were provided by Virgin. There’s no issue with the speed, I just need help reducing the black spots upstairs, as Virgin suggested the boosters would help.

If someone who actually works for Virgin and can see my account could respond that would be great. Thanks.?

sophist
Trouble shooter

@Briony wrote:

Can take 5 - 10 days for VM to respond on here (occasionally quicker). You'll get through on the phone with less of a wait if you call at 08:00.  

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

@Briony wrote:

Can you move the Boosters closer to the 'blackspots' ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

@Briony wrote:

What boosters do you have currently?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you are on the 1GB service this may be of interest to you...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/13712055/virgin-media-wifi-pods-web-speeds/

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/01/virgin-media-uk-launch-plume-powered-intelligent-wifi-...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you for all your responses. After THREE more hours being passed to 5 different departments this morning, we’re being sent the new Intelligent WiFi pods this week and returning the virgin power line boosters. 

Patience and perseverance by me won through, hope this works. 

The boosters were in the black spot rooms, but useless as they refused to connect to the hub (after following all instructions and even factory reset). 

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Save yourself a lot of angst and splash out £120 or so for a decent Mesh System.