cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book another engineer visit? FAO Mods

jamessheffield
Tuning in

My internet connection keeps dropping and having ran the online test it appears that I have interference on my line. An engineer visited today and I was told the issue was fixed. However, I am still having the same issue. 

Is it possible to book an engineer online? Getting through to Virgin media on the phone is very difficult, I have already had to book a day off work for an engineer visit. Is it not possible they can come at weekends or after 6pm? I have had poor internet service for over a week now, I will be cancelling my contract if this cannot be resolved asap.

44 REPLIES 44

Hi @jamessheffield

We do apologise for the downtime. As soon as we get a response from the Area Field Manager, we can advise further. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It has been over a month that I have been experiencing these issues now. The service is that poor that I have to rely on my mobile phones connection. I have been refunded a total of £8 for a months worth of outages. It's now a week since you told me you were waiting to hear back from your 'field manager.' This really is poor service. 

Hi @jamessheffield,

I am really sorry, we are still waiting on a response. I appreciate it is unfair keeping you waiting so I am going to arrange an engineer visit for you to get things checked over. 

Will pop you a PM now so we can get the address confirmed first.

Speak soon.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks for providing the details as requested via PM @jamessheffield 

I have booked the first available appointment for you. If this is not suitable, feel free to re-schedule via your online account. 

Let us know how the visit goes 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thank you for arranging for another engineer visit. The modem was replaced but unfortunately I am still experiencing the same issue. The next step would be to replace the cable apparently? Can this be arranged? 

Here is my latest quality meter link: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/1d87d7912a65a308546e5f2da2ddc89e7b...

Hi @jamessheffield,

Thanks for the update and I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing the same issue. 

I can't see any notes from the visit on your account at the moment. Was it the technician who advised the cable needed to be replaced?

How did they leave things with you?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

The engineer said the only thing he could think of that may fix the problem is replacing the cable. He said try a new modem and see if that helps. 

Thanks for your message @jamessheffield

Just to clarify, did the technician replace your router? Sorry, its just that the work order notes have not been updated on the system as yet. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Yes, he replaced the modem/router.

Thanks for coming back to us @jamessheffield,

Can you please confirm if you've been contacted by the area field manager directly? 

I'll seek to give them a nudge today if there has still not been anything further advised to our team, or to you directly if this has still yet to be answered

Kindest regards,

David