cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book another engineer visit? FAO Mods

jamessheffield
Tuning in

My internet connection keeps dropping and having ran the online test it appears that I have interference on my line. An engineer visited today and I was told the issue was fixed. However, I am still having the same issue. 

Is it possible to book an engineer online? Getting through to Virgin media on the phone is very difficult, I have already had to book a day off work for an engineer visit. Is it not possible they can come at weekends or after 6pm? I have had poor internet service for over a week now, I will be cancelling my contract if this cannot be resolved asap.

44 REPLIES 44

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jamessheffield,

I'm really sorry to hear your broadband issues are persisting. Do you have the link to your current BQM status as I'm unable to view via the previous links.

I've carried out some checks from our end there does not appear to be any issues flagged which is making it hard to diagnose the issue - I'm sorry that this is not the case in reality.

Just so we can understand a little better what's going on please could you confirm:

• Do the drop-outs affect multiple devices at the same time?
  • Are both wired and wireless devices affected during the drop-out?
  • What do the lights on your hub to when this happens?

Let us know, and as per our Automatic Compensation Scheme, we do compensate for total loss following 48hrs.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Here is the link to my BQM:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/8d2f7ac338d67ae9af70b60d3fee2714ad...

Yes, as it's the internet connection and not a wireless issue all devices are affected.

Yes, all devices both wired and wireless are affected.

I will have to let you know about the colour of the lights the next time I'm trying to use it. At the moment I'm having to use my phones connection.

Thanks for your reply.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jamessheffield,

Thanks for confirming all that and providing the BQM.

I know you have rebooted your hub multiple times - have you carried out a Pin-Hole Reset at all? I'm couldn't be 100% sure from the previous messages.

If not, I'd recommend so and then we can check for any changes following this on the BQM.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes I have done a pinhole reset. Nothing has changed, I am still getting frequent droputs making my connection unusable. Is it possible someone from the UK can contact me via phone to discuss the matter please?

Hi jamessheffield

Thanks for coming back to us. We're not able to arrange or make calls from here as we're an online team. If you do wish to speak to the team over the phone, you'll need to call us on 150 // 0345 454 1111.

I've ran some further checks here and no faults are showing. I've contacted your local field manager for their thoughts as I don't want to waste anyone's time by sending a tech out needlessly. I'll be in touch as soon as I know further information.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I have tried calling that number but it's useless talking to them.

Here is todays BQM snapshot where you can see the dropouts: 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/35105a0552c7c561b370719a71ae2542d0...

Thank you for that information. 

My colleague has contacted the field manager and is still awaiting an update. 

^Martin

Hi,

Do you have any updates? I am still experiencing the same issues.

Hi @jamesheffield

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing the same issues, I understand how frustrating this must be for you.

Unfortunately we are still awaiting an update from the Area Field Manager, we will post any information as soon as we have it.

Best wishes,

Serena

My connection is still dropping every day at around 8am and 8pm. Is this going to get fixed?