cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book a technician

Zijii
Settling in

My hub has not been working for the past few days and I have tried looking online for how to make an appointment with a technician, but have not been able to find one. Can anyone help me find a technician or is there a link to make an appointment for a home repair?

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model is it and what are the lights on it showing and doing ?

what are the issues exactly?

Also see this
------------

Firstly, Can you check for any “known network faults - try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

The model shou

The model should be hub3. The hub is on white light right now. But on my stream box, it said that the hub is not connected to the internet. My phone also can’t use the wifi. I reboot the hub for many times, it still disconnected.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
And the 0800 number reports what?

Can you connect a device to the Hub by an ethernet cable and see if that connects?

Could also try a reset on the Hub as pesr......

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Good Afternoon @Zijii, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issues you're facing on Wi-Fi.

Does this effect all devices on Wi-Fi or just the two you reference? 

Are there any issues experienced on a wired connection?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn