cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue light

Shaunsid85
Joining in

Only had virgin Internet less than a month , came home today to a blue flashing light , reset and came back on for an hour, Internet suddenly running shockingly slow and know blue light again ... any help appreciated 

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model is it ?

And are any “known network faults?

Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yeah checked and apparently there is no issues in my area , it's a hub 5 I believe,  1gb internet

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Shaunsid85, thanks for your posts and replies and welcome to our help forum.
Sorry to see you've had connection issues and a blue light flashing on your hub 5 recently.

We'd love to help, could you please tell us how things look today and if the service has improved since your last post?

As there were no area faults found, have you spoken with our faults team since and what has been advised, if so?

Lastly, have you tried any suggested fixes as seen on this page?

Let us know if you still need our help, happy to best support you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi thanks for commenting,  so three days in a row know internet at night time is so slow it can even run netflix, supposed to be 1gb internet,  had a engineer out yesterday who was brilliant but basically found nothing , he reset my router which I had already done, so we had the blue light again for an hour, after he left it was OK again until night team then boom...slow can't load anything.  Really starting to feel like I've made a big mistake switching to virgin , was with sky 12 years and never had as many issues as I have already had with virgin in 1 month !!!

Hi Shaunsid85,

Thank you for reaching back out, apologies you were still seeing the same issues with the blue light after the Technician came, how have things been since your last post on Sunday?

Regards

Paul.

Not good really , not had the blue light again but the connection seems so unstable,  at random times ut just goes really slow and won't load anything the  10 mins later uts fine again , I have a 15 year old who can't game anymore because it randomly just makes his games unplayable,  really starting to regret my decision know 

Thank you for that information. To confirm, is that on both a Wired & Wireless connection? 

^Martin

Yes both wireless and wired intermittent slow or no connection 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Shaunsid85, thanks for all the feedback and information shared.

Sorry to see the issues are still ongoing, to be able to investigate things further I will send you a PM soon.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a purple envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs