cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking apps

Chez2439
Joining in

My son keeps downloading dating apps on his phone. He is 13 and easily encouraged by his friends. Is there a way of stopping this happening via WiFi? I have tried blocking access to them on his phone but he always manages to unblock them

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you have Android phones then you can use Google's Family Link. This will allow you to prevent apps being installed without your permission plus allow you to monitor app and general useage.

We use it for my daughter's phone and it works well.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

lotharmat
Community elder
Alas I don't think there is.

Andrew-G made a fabulous post about something similar:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Unwanted-device-reconnecting-To-Hub3/m-p/48...

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

If you have Android phones then you can use Google's Family Link. This will allow you to prevent apps being installed without your permission plus allow you to monitor app and general useage.

We use it for my daughter's phone and it works well.

https://families.google.com/familylink/

That does look quite interesting - I knew it could manage screen time but didn't realise it could also manage apps now!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Yeah it's a pretty useful service now. 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chez2439, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us although apologies to hear of your dilemma. 

Whilst Websafe will be able to help block sites whilst connected to the WiFi, it won't stop apps from being downloaded. 

Hopefully the advice given by the Community will be able to help sort things for you. 

If you have any other worries, let u know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs