cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked network access again

Andyb2203
Joining in

NO warning all network access blocked at 1600 today: hub 3 shows network access blocked.

home working so wife and I both stuck unless we can regain access!! Don’t worry though after an hour on the phone and a text message I might get a fix after 24 hours.

just a guess probably home working means we are using too much bandwidth:(

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

Go round all the accessible co-ax connections and ensure that they are finger tight.

If everything above is OK we need do some troubleshooting; to start with …

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

Go round all the accessible co-ax connections and ensure that they are finger tight.

If everything above is OK we need do some troubleshooting; to start with …

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andyb2203 wrote:

NO warning all network access blocked at 1600 today: hub 3 shows network access blocked.

home working so wife and I both stuck unless we can regain access!! Don’t worry though after an hour on the phone and a text message I might get a fix after 24 hours.

just a guess probably home working means we are using too much bandwidth:(

There are no bandwidth limits btw.

Thanks for the response Carl.

Well there is some movement I reset the router OK still access blocked.

Tried switching to modem mode now all I see is a flashing green power light before I had a steady power light and green WiFi light - now no access even on reset or restart!!

Hi Mike,

checked service status no problem reported in my area.

thanks for helping with this 

andy

Can you please

Hi Mike,

no access through Ethernet at all 😞

i have got VM on text now Let you know if I make progress— thanks for the help 

andy

192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) is the address of your Hub. It doesn't need an internet connection.

Hi Mike,

Seems like the hub may have died — just a flashing green power light no access via Ethernet at all no WiFi activity connect to 102.168.0.1 no Ethernet activity on the port.

will try one more reset then if I don’t see anything different I will bust it for the night 

andy