Menu
karenbee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Blink sync module issues

Despite having the new Hub 4, the wifi, although better is still not strong enough to reach to the bottom of our small garden where we have several Blink cameras.  In December, we bought a NetGear wi-fi extender, and although not a perfect signal, it was significantly better.

About 4 weeks ago, we had a long power cut.  All seemed ok for a few hours and then we noticed the sync module was no longer connected.

I've been through hours of support calls both with Netgear and Blink and got no-where in reconnecting to the extender successfully.  The last suggestion was to ask Virgin to re-split the 2G and 5G signal.  You can't actually get hold of anyone on the phone right now, so I tried the forum.  There was a post on re-splitting the 5G and 2G, so I followed that, reset all the wifi devices in the house and still can't connect the sync module to the extender. 

We can't get to the bottom of what is causing the issue, the sync module, the extender or our wifi!  Does anyone have any ideas?!

I'm being hopeful 😀

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blink sync module issues

Check the extender.

If it’s the extender having issues then this is nothing to do with the hub and not VM’s issue

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
karenbee
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response, but I can connect to the extender with my phone - so I assume it's not that.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Have you reset the blink module and reconnected from "fresh"?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
karenbee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So many times that I'm worried I'll break the reset button!

0 Kudos
karenbee
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I forgot to mention that the whole hub-->extender-->sync module set up worked fine for about 5-6 weeks till the power cut.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Are the wifi SSID's split with different SSID's and passwords?

0 Kudos
karenbee
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The 2G and 5G are separate - same password.  Through the extender it's the same name but with the suffix '_2EXT' or '_5EXT' - but all (4) have the same password.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

OK.. have you reset and resetup the extender following changing of the SSID's?

0 Kudos
karenbee
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes - I reset that and went through the whole set up process again.  I knew something had improved as after the power cut my phone wouldn't connect to the 2G signal.  But now it does.  But sync module still doesn't want to know.

0 Kudos