Menu
Trevh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Blink cams

Below is email received from blink cameras after trying there best for two weeks. 

As you can see, both your internal and external network connections packets drop. This means that during the data transmission, it is not being completed. Which would explain your camera wifi connection fluctuating from one to another. I would use this information to contact your Internet Service Provider and have them resolve this issue. I am aware that Virgin is not the best internet service provider to deal with but I hope using this data will help! 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blink cams

That is one of THOSE answers. You know the ones they give you when they have no clue?

Packets dropping on internal network? How are they measuring that? How is the camera connected? WiFi by any chance? Umm yes thats what WiFi does. 

Packets dropping on your external network? How are they measuring that?

What is the actual issue that you reported to them?

And nice to see a textbook assumptive close- "oh yeah VM aren't great to deal with" which infers they are and therefore any issue is VM's problem.  WHen they, the manufacturer of the product, cant solve it. Smiley Wink

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Trevh
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply

They were actually I thought very helpful . They used an app called route this helps.

Bare in mind for two weeks they were monitoring them, I didn't know there was an issue as such. 

The cameras are connected via WiFi and use a sync module, they even noticed one camera was faulty, and are replacing it without me saying. 

I also have a screen shot of the test, but not sure how to put here. 

You have to bare in mind that we are disabled so issues are a problem to sort easy

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Route is a standard UNIX/LINUX command. I also doubt they can tell of WAN dropped packets easily.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can add any image to your post with the "photos" link at the top of the text box you type your reply in.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Trevh
Tuning in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20190619-165532_Gmail.jpg

0 Kudos
Trevh
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I am far from expert, that and being disabled all I ask is for some help tech stuff and talk doesn't help me sorry

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Okay so, lets take it from the top, and Ill make it as untechnical as possible.

Can you set up a BQM

HERE

Run it for say 24 hrs, and post the result- it will be a graph like above,or a link to it. Either is fine.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Trevh
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi my friend. 

Hopefully I have got it running the BQM, 

Will get back to you, hope I done right, does it make any difference if screen saver comes on? 

I'm running it on a laptop.

Your help is very very much appreciated  

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Nope- it runs on a server their end, so you dont even need to keep the laptop on. As long as the HUB is on, it will work.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos