cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blink Camera not connecting via Wifi

Broggie
Joining in

Hello Virgin Community, around three weeks ago I woke to my Blink sync module no longer working. Blink uses 2.4 Mhz (wifi) connection and all had been fine for a number of months. A few days before the incident I do remember receiving and email from Virgin stating a Wifi upgrade to 5Mhz was underway. However regardless what I try or from the advice from Blink support it is not working. I am seeking any assistance as I suspect the issue is how the wifi 2.4 is being transmitted.

Steps I have undertaken

Virgin connection is modem only with a VPN Linksys router (Running Flashrouters on DD WRT)transmitting the wifi. I have separated the outputs to transmit 5mgz and 2.4 mhz using unique SSID and passwords.

Watched the Blink connect try using its static address connect to local LAN then disconnect.

Setup a "local hotspot" and this did work.

Allocated dedicated IP

Any advice or ideas to try would be appreciated but I am guessing that this is related to the way 2.4mhz is being transmitted.  However out of ideas how to setup the router to reflect this.

Thanks In advance

10 REPLIES 10

split the wifi in two.  Rename one of the connections (to differentiate between the two).  Connect cameras to 2.4 connection.

it worked for me.