Menu
Talon
Tuning in
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Best router for Hub 3 modem mode?

Hi, not an answer and slightly off topic i know but thought it was relevant. I read on these forums and in other publications of issues with the firmware of the hub 3 with regards to being used in modem mode. What is the up to date status of this problem.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Never had any troubles whatsoever when using the Hub3 in modem mode.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
Adduxi
Super solver
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Like Tudor, I've never had any problems with Modem mode on any of the Hubs I've had.

0 Kudos
Amble1
Joining in
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Would this work on dual xbox ones if wired? I have NAT and IP issues using Hub 3 and two xbox ones, losing my hair!!
0 Kudos
msantos
Tuning in
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
UK_Guy
Tuning in
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I've been using a mesh of 3 Orbi's (1 RBK50 router & 2 satellites) since they were first released and the improvement to both wifi and general throughput is vastly better than when the Virgin was in router mode.

Cubecrazy
Tuning in
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Does the ASU’s dsl ac68u do it?

Can’t see if it is just for BT type internet fileteea! Or if one of the rj45 connectors will connect to the hub3 for the internet

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

As it’s got ‘dsl’ in its name it BT etc router with an internal ADSL modem. You need a general router or router/network switch/wireless access point.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
heavyend81
Joining in
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

It may have been resolved now but I went through all this about a year ago and the biggest issue I came across was the throughput speed of the Hub dropped significantly when in modem mode, I mean it was up to half the speed drop, but like I said it was a while ago I did this (with a £200 router which went back to Amazon for this reason). perhaps some on here would care to comment on this issue, if it is still an issue that is.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@heavyend81 wrote:

It may have been resolved now but I went through all this about a year ago and the biggest issue I came across was the throughput speed of the Hub dropped significantly when in modem mode, I mean it was up to half the speed drop, but like I said it was a while ago I did this (with a £200 router which went back to Amazon for this reason). perhaps some on here would care to comment on this issue, if it is still an issue that is.

I can 100% categorically state that Hub 3 throughput in modem mode will not be lower than your headline broadband speed.

A speed drop of that order, assuming the circuit to be fine and no serious contention from other users, must be down to the external router and/or how it’s configured.

you didn’t say whether your measurement was wired or wireless, btw.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos