cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Mesh setup recommendations

Carparkno1
Tuning in

Hi all, I've just had a SH3 installed. We're on the maximum fibre of 500+ mbs... Unfortunately the WiFi range on the hub is very poor and we're getting dropouts even in the room it is installed in

I've been looking at a better WiFi router to connect and use with the SH3 in modem mode but am concerned that the coverage may still be iffy. We have a fairly standard four bed detached house. I don't expect to get 500mb in every room, I just want solid coverage. Our BT system was much better despite only being 57mbs as it was stable.

I've been reading up on various mesh systems. Would this be better as our primary concern is stable coverage? We have two TV boxes, four phones, gaming laptops, tablets, PlayStations etc all over the house and need stable WiFi.

What are people's experiences? I've looked at the tenda mw5/6, Google home, tp link M4, bt whole home (will that even work on virgin?). Would I need 2 or 3 nodes?

Any advice or experience would be appreciated. If I could have very stable WiFi at 100mb upstairs I'd be very happy with that. Doesn't need to be more even though we are getting bonkers numbers into the hub with ethernet! 

10 REPLIES 10

Hi

I wondered how you were getting on with your bt whole home setup and virgin hub - im on the cusp of a new contract with virgin or bt fttp i have the choice of both lucky me, swaying to virgin as cheaper/meets my needs but want to know if the SH3 works well with bt whole home mesh to give me good wifi across 3 storey house- appreciate your response in advance!