cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being ignored

MarketMan77
Tuning in

Have had No WiFi signal being broadcast, for 2 weeks cannot find ssid

No Internet even after reboots off hub several times a day, the light on front keeps flashing green and cannot connect to anything.

On my iPhone I can’t Even detect my ssid they say all signals fine any help please or advice from what I’m being told it’s probably my hub has gone.

12 REPLIES 12

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you checked first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John have done all that been told everything is fine but it’s not I’m disabled and doing my best for a 60 year old no known issues in area looking over forums I’d say hub is useless 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK - as the base light is flashing green - it sounds like it may be a network connection issue - I will flag for VM to come here and comment.

Whilst waiting it might be worth doing a pinhole reset on the Hub and posting the hub stats as per the procedure below if you can

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. See if that sorts it.

Then, Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John I’ve tried hard reset have difficulty getting down on to floor to get at it but after all resets and reboots my phone or a borrowed laptop does not pick up my Wi-fi ssid I believe it’s called virgin says all signals there side fine but they really need to be in my abode to see it isn’t working perhaps my best option is to cancel contract and go elsewhere 

Hi MarketMan77,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've some issues connecting to the WiFi. 

I've been able to locate your account using your forums details, and it does look like the hub is out of specification. 

It's something I'll need to arrange an engineer for, I will need to confirm a few details with you first so I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Big thanks Alex I think I remember password but I can give all other details that you requested.

Thanks very much for sending your details over via private message MarketMan77.

I've arranged an engineer for you now, you'll be able to view the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

Alex clicked on link can’t see anything I’m housebound so I won’t miss him anyway, Big Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The appointment will show up it just takes time to update your account to show.