Menu
Highlighted
Kimshep
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Been having wifi issues ALL day, signal drops

All day, signal drops every 10 minutes. Hit red up so rang this afternoon after I'd rebooted and did all the usual checks myself. Not very helpful at all. The person I spoke said he'd 'send a signal' to my Hub and I'll have no more issues, we'll surprise surprise,  it's still happening, more!!! So that was a total waste of time. Virgin, I hope I'm going to get some compensation for this inconvenience and also the not so helpful customer service. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Been having wifi issues ALL day, signal drops

No BB provider “guarantees” a wifi connection as it is subject to so many vagaries - house construction, blocking objects, interfering appliances, interfering neighbours' networks, phone OS updates, firmware update bugs, etc. The small print in the T&C’s always explains this.
If your connection on a device connected by ethernet cable is fine - which is all VM can see/test - they will say "it's fine, you are getting what we said we would provide” & “you have a local wifi problem” - which, of course, may or may not be the case if the Hub has a fault.
If you can convince them that the wifi on your router is truly shot they will replace your Hub, which in most cases doesn’t help as the Hub is “usually” not faulty per se.
You may have to try other solutions (see the pink sticky posts at the top of the forum for improving wifi signal) and the many posts on here that offer solutions.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos