cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been getting buffering and high ping spikes

simsim3d
Joining in

I've noticed highish ping spikes and even buffering recently on twitch and Amazon and even cutting out altogether on the odd occasion, my general download and upload speed has been ok, I've got gigabyte vigin coming this week along with new superhub 5 just wanted to see if there's underlying problem before I set that up or if even that might help fix it. Screens of my power levels are below any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20221024-190722~2.png

Screenshot_20221024-190729~2.png

Screenshot_20221024-190733~2.png

10 REPLIES 10

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @simsim3d, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you have been having issues with your connection buffering. Have you had the hub 5 delivered and installed yet?

I would advise checking to see if this new hub makes any difference, if not we can then rule out the equipment being the issue and look at it potentially being the network or cables.

Let us know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi, thanks for the reply I've had my superhub 5 new wires, ethernet ect for week now and first few days it was fine and slowly it's becoming a problem again I've noticed the jitter spikes to like almost 200 and ping increases to way over 100 aswell on speedtests on multiple servers. Virgin are doing some work around my area tomorrow so maybe it'll improve. What's the recommended power levels? because they have altered since getting superhub 5 aswell. My issue is every now and then and understand people are having much worse problems but I don't expect 1gb broadband to buffer a twitch live stream or YouTube.

Hi Simsim3d, 

Thank you for replying.

I have had a look at our systems, everything is looking as it should and in green. Two specs were on the fence however it shouldn't be causing any major issues. If you click here this will direct you to a thread on the forums where one of our V.I.P members have posted a guide on power levels in depth, and their expected ranges.  

Are you having issues with multiple devices or just the one? Are you having problems across wireless and wired devices? There is no ongoing maintenance work in your area at the moment. How are things since Saturday? Please let us know if your still having issues. 

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Screenshot_20221118-034932~2.png

Screenshot_20221118-035000~2.png

Screenshot_20221118-035026.png

So this is still causing problems, theses are my updated levels I've also had a problem where speed drops are really inconsistent now I don't know why its buffering even on wired at times. When I reboot my router also have a problem where wireless signal doesn't even appear on my devices end up having to reboot like 5 or 6 times so I can connect to it.

Hi simsim3d,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, I was able to do further checks this end and was unable to see any issues at all, have you tried a pin reset on the hub since these issues started?

Regards

Paul.

Hi so I think I see the problem when I have 5ghz and 2.4gzh both are on, the 5ghz devices I have run fine but the 2.4ghz struggle to even load a webpage and speedtest is extremely slow, if I go into router settings and disable 5ghz so everything is on 2.4ghz everything speeds up. I've tried rebooting, restarting and going back to factory settings but still seems a problem I don't know if you know a fix for this or router is faulty?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Maybe sharing the same antennas and timing of of when 5GHz and 2.4GHz uses them.

Better to get a new 3rd party router with 1Gb ports or better and use hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @simsim3d, thanks for reaching out to us on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the connection.
Are you able to provide a live BQM graph using this link here?

I was unable to find any issues on the network or any area issues at all.
Please try the live BQM graph and let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I know it's been a while since I've replied but I'm still having issues I've noticed my post errors now are getting worse and during gaming which is main reason I use broadband during games I'm having packet loss (wired and wireless) which causes lag not just in one game but several different games making it unplayable if my power levels are fine is there anything else that can cause this? I can't do that link because my laptop is broke. Any help is appreciated I pay alot for package we have and it's bit unfair I can't do the one thing I want too.