cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been charged twice in one month

Natalieives
Joining in

Hi I made a manual payment for my bill of £50.60 on the 10th of March a direct debit i have tried to cancel with bank and i rang to try change my direct debit date with virgin media which has been changed wrong the money has came out at midnight and took the £50.60 again so I have now paid the same bill twice in one month can I have some help please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately the way the VM accounting system works Direct Debits are processed 5 days before their due date and cannot then be amended. So if you pay manually within those 5 days, you pay twice. You will not get a manual refund, but a credit on your account, so there will be nothing taken on next months Direct Debit.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately the way the VM accounting system works Direct Debits are processed 5 days before their due date and cannot then be amended. So if you pay manually within those 5 days, you pay twice. You will not get a manual refund, but a credit on your account, so there will be nothing taken on next months Direct Debit.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thankyou i was refunded this morning by VM 

Hi Natalieives 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting!

Sorry to hear about these issues with your payments and direct debit - but glad to hear it is sorted! Thank you for keeping the thread updated. 

Please let us know if there is anything outstanding you need our support with! Thank you. 

All the best. 🌞

Molly