cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barely any internet

bothedog
Joining in

My family have been struggling with Virgin Media's 'superfast' internet since January. Back then, our internet would drop a couple of times a day, and we'd do a router reset and everything would be fine. Three months ago, however, our internet connection as degraded to the point which we can't properly watch Netflix or send messages. We are eating into our mobile data as a result, and two engineers have been over, both were very friendly and kind, but had no idea how to solve our issue. We have done dozens of hard resets, unplugged cables, troubleshooted and everything in between. The main problem is that everything you offer as a solution never works as a permanent fix, and we are still paying for this lack of internet. I can't even begin to imagine how many other people are struggling with this same problem, and the lack of inaction is particularly frustrating. We need a proper fix, especially in our current times of working from home. My brother cannot do online school anyone because of this abhorrent connection. Please fix this.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Firstly... Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables?

If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hello bothedog

Sorry to read the above post 

We can look at a few things from here to help find the issue 

Would you be able to reply to the questions that @jbrennand has asked please

Gareth_L