cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad ping spikes, bad upload and download speeds

dazzamatazz53
Tuning in

Hi there,

I'm on the top level of broadband package with Virgin Media, and I consistently have bad ping spikes (even on London servers!) when gaming, as well as terrible upload and download speeds.

2 - 3 MB/s download & 3-5 MB/s upload

We're supposedly have access to up to 1GB/s download and high upload, so I can't seem to see what the issue is here?

It is on a wired network, so we shouldn't have any problems whatsoever.

This has been an ongoing issue for over 2 months now, and we recently changed to the Virgin Hub 4 but that has not changed a single thing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @dazzamatazz53,

I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the issue with your power levels. You can find details of the visit via your online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

dazzamatazz53
Tuning in

Still having issues.

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Post the Network, Upstream and Downstream logs from the hubs admin pages back here as text

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hi @dazzamatazz53,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your service. I have taken a look at your account and can see there are some issues with the upstream and downstream power levels. As such, I will need to arrange for a technician to come out and get this corrected. 

Will pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details. 

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

PM'd you back.

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @dazzamatazz53,

I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the issue with your power levels. You can find details of the visit via your online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team